ASSISTANT GROUNDSMAN POSITION
We are looking to fill an assistant groundsman position at Northcote College, one of our contract maintenance school sites in Auckland. The salary will reflect experience, with a range between $35K-$40K.
The closing date for applications with covering letter and CV is Friday 28th July 2017.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be working with the head groundsman, assisting with all aspects of maintenance of the sports fields and surrounding areas at the school. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude, and willingness to learn, who is prepared to work as part of a team to ensure the sporting facilities at the school are maintained and presented to a high standard. This could be your opportunity to start a career in the turf industry, with Turftech offering sponsorship and support to suitable candidates to complete a turf apprenticeship.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE ASSISTING WITH:
- Sports field maintenance, consisting of mowing, fertilising, line marking and seasonal renovations
- Maintaining the gardens, paths, and lawns
- Ensuring the school grounds are presented to a high standard on a daily basis
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE:
- A positive attitude and great work ethic
- Turf and/or gardening experience would be beneficial (but not essential)
- Initiative and drive to do the best for the customer
TURFTECH AS AN EMPLOYER
Turftech prides itself on delivering a superior service for all its customers, and providing opportunities for its employees to grow and develop their skills in different areas of turf management. Our employees can be found working at schools, on golf courses, and on turf redevelopment projects. The careers page on our website will give you an insight into working at Turftech.
Tips when applying: