TURF MANAGER AT HAMILTON BOYS HIGH SCHOOL
Turftech are looking for a motivated Turf Manager to take full responsibility for the green space management at Hamilton Boys High School. As Head Groundsman, it will be your responsibility to maintain the school grounds to the highest standards. The salary will reflect qualifications and experience.
The closing date for applications with covering letter and CV is Wednesday 10th April 2019.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be responsible for all aspects of maintenance of the sports fields, cricket wickets, artificial turf, hard surfaces, lawns and gardens. You will liaise closely with the school’s property manager on day-to-day priorities, and report to the General Manager at Turftech. You will have a good working relationship with other grounds managers within Turftech, making sure this pool of expertise is used to enhance your experience and the school’s environment. We are looking for someone who is prepared to put in the work required to present the grounds to a level a school of this calibre deserves.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Maintenance and management of the live turf cricket wicket
- Sports field maintenance, including mowing, fertilizer and chemical applications, and disease recognition and treatment
- Presenting the live turf and artificial sports surfaces to a high level for sports fixtures
- Sports field line marking
- Co-ordinating and helping with seasonal renovations of the cricket wicket and sports fields with Turftech’s renovation team
- Managing an assistant gardener with the day-to-day garden and lawn maintenance duties, including planting, weeding, pest and disease control, and seasonal pruning
- Working closely with the school’s management to ensure all grounds maintenance duties do not have a negative impact on school operations
- Reporting on a regular basis to both the school’s and Turftech’s management teams
- Working within a set budget determined by the management teams concerned
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE:
- A great attitude and work ethic
- A relevant turf qualification and/or suitable experience in managing green spaces
- Cricket wicket knowledge would be beneficial, however it’s not a necessity, as training and support will be provided.
- A Growsafe certificate, or the ability and desire to add this qualification to your skill set
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy
- The ability to manage and be responsible for a budget
- Initiative and drive to do the best for the customer
TURFTECH AS AN EMPLOYER
Turftech prides itself on delivering a superior service for all its customers, and providing opportunities for its employees to grow and develop their skills in different areas of turf management. We place a strong emphasis on education, and always have a number of turf trainees working in the company. We like to think that we can offer our employees a career path in the turf and horticulture industry, with opportunities to be educated, learn, and grow in the different divisions we have within the company.
Tips when applying: